Saturday 22 January 2011

Trench Pool - Glaucous Gull

I’d resigned myself to the Glaucous Gull doing a flyer but after an hour word reached me thatit remained settled. So, with no sign of Crossbills on Bury Ditches, I decided it had to be the dash to Telford! At least the journey had turned up Peregrine and Red Kite near Aston on Clun!

I was waiting for the commiseratory ‘it’s flown’ text which never came and less than an hour later, I was watching a pretty docile 1st Winter Glaucous Gull. No problem with motion blur with this subject – it hardly ever moved!






A couple of head turns.....








The alert pose.






A bit of a stretch of those lovely ‘white wings’ and you could see what was going to come next.....






Up up and away!








Lets hope it stays around for some better light!