Saturday 5 May 2012

New England Day 4 - Tower Hill Botanic Garden

I stopped overnight in a quaint little town called 'Shrewsbury'! How appropriate is that? My  main reson for being here was the American Primrose Society, New England meeting at which I was a guest speaker. It all went well and I even got a lunchtime break where one or two common bird species were added to the trip list.......

Wild Turkey  here not exactly  hard to miss!


 
Not the most attractive of birds :-)


Tufted Titmouse definitely more appealing!


 Another Sparrow (Savannah) for the collection, I'm sure more will follow.....


Red-winged Blackbirds are very vocal and 'grate' after a short period!



Mourning Doves, a very common bird.....



Eastern Phoebe busy catching flies.....


And Brown headed Cowbird - male followed by female......



I'd better get back........