Sunday 26 May 2013

Scotland day 2 - King Eider

A Tunnocks Teacake job was in the offing today? It seemed a cert as the long staying Ythan estuary bird has been seen virtually daily......

After three hours of searching, was this going to be the day for a no show?? There were plenty, well 1,000's of Eider to keep me amused over a mile or so of estuary and it was mid afternoon whilst checking the last 'visible' group of sleeping Eiders from the estuary mouth, I sensed a flash of blue? On the head that is, even though it was tucked in zzzzzzzzzing away. The tick was on and I could walk another 200m to get within better range :-)

Spot the 'King' whilst I'm walking a bit nearer!


Bit of a spring in my step now, Yesssssss :-)

That's better, strictly record shot but.....


What a cutie!

Maybe I'll be back?