Thursday 15 August 2013

Venus Pool - fish on the menu

 It was back to reality and somewhat drive-lagged from the 400 miles of the previous day, I managed to check out VP in the afternoon. A Greenshank was there on arrival but didn't hang about!



With nothing else happening and eyes getting heavier, I noticed a couple of Cormorants steaming closer and memories of a shoot some 5 years ago came flooding back......

No-one photographs Cormorants do they, even their mother wouldn't describe them as pretty?


But they are very efficient fishing machines and I was determined to catch the action on surfacing? With such tiny little fish on the menu, I can tell you this wasn't easy!


I did say small.....



Full frontal shots do not make them look any more endearing?



And despite their small size, fish are still slippery customers......



There was a Heron fishing nearby too and things became a little easier......



The strike!

Trust me, there is a fish there!


It's still there and a lovely shape to the droplets?


First of many!!

Welcome home - not an Eagle in sight :-(