Sunday 10 April 2016

Granville Nature Reserve - Iberian Chiffchaff

Well I did ask for more Warblers!!! Didn't expect this though....

I normally try and post in chronological order and I've got loads of great birds coming up but..... this one has to jump the queue - if only to get something out there .....

I'd just been photographing the Channel Wagtail at Whixall (to follow and this is a STUNNER) when news broke of an Iberian Chiffchaff at Granville Nature Reserve this afternoon  found by Scott Petrek (well done Scott!!)


Here's some more angles (comments to follow) out for rest of day.....








Of course the song is key so here's a couple of amateur attempts (no sonograms sorry!)
The only way I could think to get the song uploaded was from video files both John Reeves and I recorded. Here is one of Reevesys!


And another singing tree from me!


More pics to follow.....