Wednesday 28 May 2008

Crudgington - Cornflakes and Cranes

I had a feeling something might happen today! I was up early noting the heavy rain and low cloud as I prepared a nice big bowl of cereal...

A chance of something dropped in at Venus Pool? The cereal was put to one side and a quick drive down to check things out. Apart from a bedraggled Common Tern and 4 LRPs, nothing special.

I was just going back to the car when I got a call from a somewhat animated Andy L. Crikey Jim (or words to that effect!!) got two Common Cranes near Crudgington! I agonised: back for breakfast or the Cranes, I only had 40 minutes to get there and back....

No contest in the end and I'm soooo glad I didn't have to spend the morning at work fretting whether they would stay? The camera does lie as these record shots prove! It was torrential rain and total gloom as I grabbed these.....








Shall we dance? An interesting bit of interplay before one of the twosome strutted away....










Phew, back just in time and still manage to eat my breakfast before work!! Now then, what did you see on your way to work today' - nice one Andy!!