Thursday 17 May 2012

Garden Birds - Branford farewell

The garden of Nick Nikou and Carol Handy, my hosts for three nights was simply amazing (destined for the 'alpine blog' eventually!) I spent a couple of hours saying farewell to the many garden birds encouraged by numerous feeders....

Not exactly a bird to encourage but Common Grackles never say 'no' to a free handout!


And neither do Red-winged Blackbirds - a brightly coloured male.



This syrup feeder is intended for the Hummingbirds, all I got was a Gray Catbird!



White-bellied Nuthatch - in and out in a flash....


One seed at a time....

Or two!


The most showy visitor was this red-bellied Woodpecker!


Nice to get a close up of this beautiful bird :-)


And I continue to fail in my mission for the Ruby-throated hummer - flashing his ruby throat that is!


Ah well, there will be more gardens.....