Wednesday 14 August 2013

Mull - White-tailed Eagle take 3

We're still in the second boat trip and about to capture the arrival of one very big female. Easy to pick if not on size due to the wing tags. Some photographers hate them but they are there for good reason and not a problem for me......

This is all getting very predictable! Blue sky, stunning bird, it all comes together.....


Banking into the dive!




 On a mission now!





Hmmm, heads in the way of the pick up :-(


But then, the Eagle dropped the fish and rather than flying away - circled again for another go?


I'm so glad it did - heads stretched forward as it used those amazing barn door wings to gain height!


I'll settle for this one instead of the water shot!


Take your pick, mountain background.....


Or sky!


What a way to end the holiday!! Amazing stuff.....  It was now 1.00, the ferry sailed at 3.00 and (mid morning) I had just discovered a deer tick embedded on my stomach :-( Somehow I managed to get to Craignure A&E, get it removed, have a panini and get onto the ferry with time to spare.....


Just the small matter of a 6 1/2 hour drive! It had been worth it........