Thursday 3 April 2014

The great catch up....

Apologies to the band of regular followers out there! February and March turned into a relentless trail of talks, (plus preparation for them), plant shows, (my other life) plus the odd viral relapse and of course the weather!

I now have two aims: 1. to catch up 2. to keep caught up!

As a taster, here are some images from a talk orientated trails that saw me visit Hampshire, Devon and South Wales where some things - (like my daughter - as she keeps reminding me!) are more important than birds :-)

Some of the highlights which will get the full blog treatment.....

Purple Sandpiper at Southsea Castle


Mealy Redpoll at Blashford lakes. Plus plenty of Lesser Redpoll and Brambling!


Devon's finest? Cirl Buntings aplenty!


And some great gulls like this 2nd Winter Glaucous Gull going walkabout at Exmouth - some lovely flight action to follow :-)


The flight action was distant where this this adult Bonaparte's Gull in Cardiff Bay was concerned but this will do nicely....


Having just finished sorting through Norfolk images from four weeks ago, I will get there with these - honest!