Thursday 31 July 2014

Burton Mere Wetlands - Spotted Crake(s)

It's still July yet some good birds within reach and whilst I knew they would be very distant, I had to check out the Spotted Crakes at RSPB Burton Mere Wetlands. Two adults and two chicks - they had split up with each parent looking after a single chick!

It was stacked converter time again - must have been at 200m range today though. I took up the challenge of just trying to get some sort of record shot? I'm almost inclined not to post these but......

This dodgy image is bird no 247 - Spotted Crake complete with chick :-)


More of the adult creeping along the distant reed bed....




And on occasions - completely out in the open! Even further away!!



 I'm in this for the birds and feather detail will come again soon? I hope.....