Saturday 2 August 2014

Carr Lane Pools - Pectoral Sandpiper

The birds keep coming but steadfastly remain distant!  You have to settle for this as my travels took me to Merseyside on my way back from Manchester Airport! I'd just dropped Gemma off to fly to Eindhoven, where she is swimming in the European championships this week.....

I thought I was right near the Pec when the location came out as 'Hale' but it was only a short run down the M62..... to Carr lane pools and after 45 mins I'd realised with three other birders that 'Carr lane' was not the best place to view!! Nothing in sight!

It was viewable however,  about 100m distant from a gateway off the main road just on the outskirts of Hale - here's a view of the cloud that just dumped 1/2" of rain on me as well!



And here's the Pectoral Sandpiper (248), keeping some Common Snipe company.....


This was to be the closest view!


I think I'd better take up digiscoping again, the results would be much better lol :-)


A phone call from Ian Grant suggested I may be in for along walk tomorrow..... In Cambridgeshire......