Wednesday 31 December 2014

Farewell to 2014

No late night partying, just a quick final blog post as I finish off the Christmas cheese with a  bottle of red wine. And what a BIG year with the year list smashing any all my previous efforts by a country mile!

The year in numbers....

c33,500 bird images taken

c20,000 miles travelling the length and breadth of the UK

380 twitter followers - thanks for following and I'll try and keep you entertained in 2015!

300 BOU species seen - the final year list tally

163 blog posts, pending any new ones I catch up with! More next year?

14 lifers the ones that really count! (in bold amongst the list - see right)

2 new County ticks - they are getting sooooo hard to come by!

And what will I be doing? More of the same except, this will not be another BIG year attempt! I might just keep a casual list though :-). The initial plan is to spend more time concentrating on lifers and 'worthwhile' rarities (not just chasing ticks) and who knows, I might even have time to keep up with the blog?? Trips already planned include: Scotland in May, Scilly pelagics in August and a 'blockbuster' of a Scilly October we hope!

Oh and here's surely one of the best birds of 2014 and my favourite image? You thought so too.......


Finally....wishing  all my friends, followers, regular readers and anyone casually dropping in... an amazing year of birding in 2015!!