Wednesday 29 April 2015

Venus Pool - seven whistler

I was sat in the main hide bemoaning the fact that nothing was happening (and I'd missed his Wood Sandpiper during the morning!) We were both there hoping for but hardly 'expecting' a Whimbrel? I decided to check out the North hide to see if anything Wood Sandish was lurking..... I'd only just sat down and the window wasn't even open when....

A rapid burst of  pupupupupupupu! I opened the window..... pupupupupupupu* again..... but now almost repeated continuously......

(* I couldn't even begin to spell what it sounds like!!!)

Eventually I got onto it, bearing down on me over the middle of the pool....



Then in a flash, overhead and high - gone - heading North.....



I started to walk back to see Martin (probably at the same time he decided to walk to me!) We met in the middle and exchanged a simultaneous "Did you see that"?  The seven whistler strikes again!