Sunday 2 October 2016

Scilly day 3 - American Golden Plover

Whilst the Buff-breasted Sandpiper was my aim so far as images were concerned (the two I've seen have been irritatingly distant) the juvenile American Golden Plover was not going to be ignored :-)

The light was stunning, the birds close, it would be difficult to fail? The overall grey tones to the plumage lit up nicely and just look at that supercilium......





Simply posing doesn't always appeal but a feeding bird gives a sense of 'what it's doing' and breaks the monotony......




Whilst was hoping the AGP would move onto some higher ground, it promptly did!! The uncluttered background works wonders.





But it was never going to last, spooked yet again, off they go.....




But at least another opportunity or flight,  BBS + AGP magic birding :-)

 

And as I'm always a sucker for the ruffled feather shot, I'll close with this one!


I probably took some pics of the Golden Plover also present.....