Wednesday 2 November 2016

Cheddar reservoir - Lesser Yellowlegs pt 1

This must be the best run of showy rarities I can recall? Plenty of images coming out from Somerset featured a very showy Lesser Yellowlegs... and I was on my way down to Devon today for an evening talk!

Bumped into Chris Griffin too, another (ex) Shropshire birder but now resident in these parts and like me - tempted by the confiding nature of this Yellowlegs......

It was just to the right of the Cheddar tower on arrival but soon located over to the left hand side.


And never far away!


Furiously picking small insects off the mud and water surface, there was an occasional pause!




But then swiftly wandering here and there.....




Flycatching!


And picking insects.


Plus a worm or two....


The light was simply awesome for most of the time....




I can do without a drink :-)


Cider is for girls anyway?


Looking spectacular whilst wading in the clear still water.....


 There was potential for some nice reflections and I wasn't to be disappointed!


More of these, a wing flap or two and some mysterious 'white stuff' coming soon in part 2`.....