Monday 21 August 2017

Porthellick Pool - Pec Sands x 2!!

A change is as good as a rest and I had hardly any opportunities for land based birding. With two Pec Sands reported the previous day at Porthellick, I spent the morning there in the hope of an image or two?

They weren't exactly showy but in the first 30 minutes, they threatened to come really close until an unappreciated slam of the hide door ensured a swift departure to the far side!!

Firstly however, a rare Scilly wader! I've seen three Pec Sands on Scilly, but only two Lapwings!



Getting the two Pecs together was nigh on impossible but this is the best I could do!


One coming closer and reflection opportunities!




The closest approach and virtually the only small gap in the reeds!


My final pelagic this evening!  Bring it on...